We are very much open for business. Please click here for our full message.

Alcohol and Entertainment Licensing

Ansons solicitors advise a wide range of businesses and clubs on their licensing requirements.

Alcohol and entertainment licensing was radically restructured by the Licensing Act 2003 and local authorities take the main role in granting premises and personal licences.

We can advise you regarding:

  • applications for personal or premises licenses
  • obtaining club premises certificates
  • temporary event licenses
  • pavement licences – including obtaining planning permission
  • varying a licence

In the event that your business is accused of breaching a license, then we are able to support you in any investigations and enforcement actions.

Where you disagree with a licensing decision, we can appeal on your behalf to the magistrates’ court.

Licensing expert, David Anderton has recently been involved as advocate in:

  • a review of the premises licence where the allegation that the licensing objectives were not being met was successfully resisted
  • an appeal to the magistrates court against the variation of a premises licence on behalf of local residents where the appeal was allowed and the extended hours reduced and arrangement to improve amenity were agreed. The case also involved a decision on costs where the licensing authority’s application for costs was dismissed and the authority was ordered to pay the costs of the residents of resisting the same
Enquire about this service

Please enter your full name
Please enter your email address
Please enter your message
Please answer the maths question

Who to contact

What others say