LL.B (Hons), Solicitor, Associate Director
Theresa is an Associate Director in our Commercial Property team. She specialises in instant and strategic work for national and regional housebuilders assisting them to secure and acquire new development sites. As part of that role Theresa will investigate any potential obstacles which arise during the site assembly process, in particular, third party interests and will work with developers to find solutions to ensure that their planning permission is fully implementable.
Theresa advises on
- Options (standalone and jigsaw with equalisation provisions and various overages);
- Promotion Agreements;
- Collaboration Agreements – to promote a site through the planning process and to secure the delivery of the necessary infrastructure;
- Agreements to secure/terminate third party interests; and
- Instant acquisitions and disposals (which may or may not be dependent on planning permission).
Theresa’s experience includes:
- The phased acquisition of a development Site in Didcot for circa 350 dwellings;
- Advising 2 developers collaborating to secure and promote a development for circa 1350 dwellings and employment use on a jigsaw site in Hertfordshire with multiple landowners.
- Acting on the acquisition from multiple owners of a 220 acre mixed use development site in Littlehampton with consent for 1,200 dwellings and 13,000 sq m of retail , commercial and leisure facilities.
- The phased disposal of serviced parcels on a mixed use development site in Hampshire with consent for 2550 dwellings and infrastructure.
- A number of smaller scale projects for local and regional housing developers.
Theresa enjoys going on long walks with her family, running, cycling and reading in her free time.