We have particular strength in buying, selling or refinancing pharmacies and have advised on over 35 transactions in the last twelve months. Recent transactions include:
- the acquisition of a 12 site pharmacy group in Wales for in excess of £6 million
- the acquisition of a London based pharmacy for in excess of £3.5 million
- the acquisition of two pharmacies in Lancashire and Yorkshire from a major pharmacy chain for in excess of £3 million, including management agreements
- the disposal of a pharmacy in Exeter for in excess of £1 million
- the refinancing of a pharmacy in Berkshire for circa £2 million
Click here to download our brochure for pharmacies.
Our services to pharmacies include:
- buying or selling assets or shares in a pharmacy
- drafting and negotiating heads of agreement, exclusivity agreements (including costs indemnities) and confidentiality agreements
- legal due diligence – raising and or responding to due diligence enquiries and providing a comprehensive major issues due diligence report for buyers
- advising on and negotiating the sale contract, including dealing with completion accounts, price adjustments, earn-outs, Category M issues, fee and allowance reductions, restrictive covenants, warranty and indemnity negotiations
- dealing with all aspects of disclosure including drafting and negotiating the disclosure letter and preparing the disclosure bundle to reduce the risk of any future warranty claims
- drafting and negotiating pharmacy management agreements for the operation of the business by the buyer pending the transfer to the buyer of the PCT contract
- advising on the legal and step by step procedural requirements of the transfer of employees from a seller to a buyer under to the Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations 2006 (TUPE)
- banking and finance of buying or refinancing a pharmacy, acting for both funders and buyers or owners in relation to acquisition finance or refinancing. This includes dealing with security documents (debentures, legal mortgages, fixed charges, personal guarantees), inter-creditor deeds, subordination arrangements and ancillary company compliance requirements (board minutes, shareholder resolutions)
- all property matters associated with pharmacy developments, buying, selling or refinancing your pharmacy business
Ansons Pharmacy Professional Network (our close professional contacts within the Pharmacy Sector) also includes advisers who can help with pharmacy regulation and pharmacy finance.
Ansons are members of the National Pharmacy Association.
Enquire about this service